Passenger Services at Madrid Airport
Madrid International Airport has a wide variety of services available to cater for the needs of all visitors and travellers.
Open throughout the day and clearly signposted in both Spanish and English, they comprise:
There are 3 medical centers around Madrid airport and two of them are open 24 hours a day 365 days.
There are 75 Heart Rescue Areas which aims to assist passengers in case of heart attack.
- Terminal T4. Floor 0. Arrivals Hall, Open 24 hours
- Terminal T4 Satellite. Floor 0. Boarding area M, Open to 7:00 to 23:00
- Terminal T2. Floor 0. Arrivals hall, Open 24 hours
There are 4 pharmacies located in the terminals and can be found here.
- Terminal T4. Floor 2. Departures. Public Zone
- Terminal T4. Floor 1. Departures. Passenger-only zone
- Terminal T1. Floor 0. Departures. Public Zone
- Terminal T2. Floor 2. Departures. Public Zone
Upon request, rooms can be used by passengers that need an equipped place where they can wait for their next flight, provided that they are accompanied by medical personnel.
One of the rooms is located in the T2 Airport Medical Service (SMA) area, P0; and the other in the T4 SMA, P0.
There are several banks at the airport and in each terminal.
ATM cashpoints can be found in the public arrivals lounge and in the departure lounge in each of the terminals.
Bureau de Change: Exact Change, currency exchange services can be found in airport located at these points.
- Terminal T1. Floor 0. Baggage reclaim hall 1 – Opening hours: 24 hours
- Terminal T1. Floor 0. Baggage reclaim hall 2 – Opening hours: 06:30 to 23:00
- Terminal T1. Floor 1. Boarding area B – Opening hours: 06:30 to 23:00
- Terminal T1. Floor 1. Boarding area C – Opening hours: 04:00 to 23:00
- Terminal T3. Floor 1. Boarding area D – Opening hours: 04:00 to 22:30
To request Value Added Tax (VAT) refund , the purchase value for each establishment must be over €90.15.
Before checking in your luggage, you must present the goods purchased and the “tax free” invoices for these to be stamped at the airport’s duty reduction office.
Outside office hours, the refund will be made in Hall 1 (T1) or Hall 11 (T4).
- Terminal T4. Floor 2. Departures – Opening hours: 07:00 to 22:00.
- Terminal T4 Satellite. Floor 2. Boarding area – Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Terminal T1. Floor 1. Check-in and boarding area – Opening hours: 07:00 to 22:00.
WiFi and Internet: Wireless Internet access in the airport. Unlimited free service.
- Customer assistance: 902 195 788
- Central offices fax number: 932 152 388
- E/mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://hotspot.eurona.com/
Living Spot: An internet hotspot in the Departure Lounge where you can work online, charge your mobile device and check for flight information on live monitors.
Postal Services: Correos at Terminal T1. Floor 0. Arrivals Hall
Opening hours: weekdays, from 08:30 to 14:30 – Saturdays, from 09:30 to 13:00
Porters and Trolleys: For your convenience, luggage trolleys are freely available and can be found outside the terminal building, in the Departures Lounge, at Baggage Claim and in the car parks.
For lost luggage you will need to contact the airline you have flown with here is a listing.
The airport has plastic-wrapping machines located in the departure area of T1, T2 and T4. To use this service, hand over your suitcase to the employee. If you would like to leave the wheels and handle free, please ask the employee.
Get Bag Service
Service available in all airport terminals. No need to take your luggage with you. Each suitcase is safely sealed, entered into the company tracking system and insured for €1,500.
- Telephone: (+34) 677 622 392
- E/mail: email@example.com
- Opening hours: From Thursday to Monday: 07:00 to 15:00
Fast Track: If you wish to avoid the queues and speed up your way through security control, you can purchase a Fast Track voucher via the airport’s free ANA smartphone app for €9.00 per person.
Simply show your voucher at the entrance to the restricted area after check-in and use the fast track channel.
VIP Lounge: The airport has various VIP lounges, located in different airport terminals, with all the services you will need to ensure you have a unique experience.
Purchase access to the airport’s VIP lounges online and enjoy these spaces for both relaxation and work on your next flight.
Access price Cibeles and Neptuno VIP lounges: €29.70 (adults) and €14.90 (children).
Access price Puerta de Alcalá, Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayor VIP lounges: €28.70 (adults) and €13.80 (children).
Purchase your tickets here: https://wwwssl.aena.es
There’s a choice of premium refreshments and a range of international newspapers, magazines and TV.
Tourist Desk: Madrid City Council
- Telephone: 915 787 810
- Terminal T2. Floor 0. Arrivals hall
- Terminal T4. Floor 0. Baggage reclaim hall 10
- Opening hours: 8:00 to 21:30.
For all your information areas, airlines, meeting points around Madrid airport visit here
Kids’ play area and breast-feeding lounge
Madrid-Barajas airport offers a kids’ play area (children from 0 to 6 years old) and a breast-feeding lounge with modern and comfortable fittings.
Here you will be able to change nappies, heat food, put them down for a nap in a cot or simply let them play.
All children should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Terminal T2. Floor 1. Boarding area D – Opening hours: 08:00 to 20:00
- Terminal T4. Floor 1. Boarding area – Opening hours: 8:00am to 8:00pm
There are kids play areas in all the terminals mainly at the boarding gates and T4 baggage clain in halls 10 & 11.